Blockprint Peacock T-Shirt
Hand block printed and hand painted ecru t shirt with a slightly oversized silhouette. Showcasing a colorful hand painted peacock on the front which symbolizes royalty and wisdom, it is an ode to the flamboyant and boisterous past of South Asian heritage and dynasties. To this day the animal lives on within artistic mediums of South Asia. The blocks used to make this piece are almost a hundred years old, therefore, a nod to the past, but rediscovered in the present.
- 260 gsm heavyweight terry
- Accrue color
- Raw edges at sleeves and hem
- 80/20 cotton poly ratio
- Slightly oversized silhouette
- Dropped shoulders
- Washing/handling: hand wash with cold water and hang to dry
- Rastah monogram on front in black colour
- Hand block printed and painted using naturally occurring dyes
- Block printed using wooden blocks passed down across four generations
- Male model is 5’10 and wearing a medium, female model is 5’6 and wearing a small.